[CentOS] Tyan K8SSA (corrected) troubles with CentOS 4.4 i386

Thu Dec 14 15:42:24 UTC 2006
chrism at imntv.com <chrism at imntv.com>

Dan Halbert wrote:
> It turns out we were misinformed by an incorrect packing slip. I
> apologize for the red herring. These are actually Tyan GT20 boxes with
> Tyan K8SSA (S3870) motherboards. They have 6 DIMM slots and use a
> ServerWorks BCM5785 (HT-1000) chipset. The config of DIMM slots is
> kind of weird: there are four nominally supporting the first processor
> and two supporting the second, though the processors can read from
> each other's slots.
>
> As for mixing RAM, we did try 4x1GB of identical DIMM's, and got the
> same problems with i386 CentOS 4.4 . x86_64 is fine.

I don't have any experience with that particular board or chipset.
Sorry.  Tyan tech support is going to be pretty worthless so I hope
you're able to track down the cause of the problem.  I'd be curious to
know what the root problem is when you get things sorted.

Cheers,