[CentOS] creating script for init.d

Mon Dec 18 19:27:27 UTC 2006
Michael Velez <mikev777 at hotmail.com>

Are you using the 'su' command in your script?

This happenned to me when I moved to RHEL4/Centos 4.  My problem was due to
SELinux.  I was using the 'su' command.  When I changed it to use the
'runuser' command instead, it worked fine.  The reason it was hanging for me
is that using the su command produces a context question on the console
(during password checking) for which I had to press enter.  With 'runuser',
you don't get the SELinux context question.

Michael