[CentOS] IPVS connections not removed

Fri Dec 22 10:38:53 UTC 2006
Sébastien AVELINE <saveline at alinto.net>

Will McDonald a écrit :
> On 22/12/06, Sébastien AVELINE <saveline at alinto.net> wrote:
>> Hi centos users,
>>
>> I've installed a load balancer using lvs (with direct routing). I use
>> LVS
>> with a heartbeat configuration and ldirectord and I don't use
>> persistent connections.My problem is when i am running "ipvsadm
>> -lcn", I can
>> see a lot of connections with the CLOSE (or others states)
>> state going from 00:59 to 00:01, and then going back to 00:59. In other
>> words these connections should be dropped after they timed out but the
>> counter is
>> reseted to 60. I wanted to compare these entries on my real servers with
>> netstat and I can say that these connections are not on my real
>> servers and
>> they should
>> be dropped from ip_vs_conn entries. My connection table is growing
>> and I'm
>> wondering if this connections table will not be too huge after a long
>> time.
>>
>> I use the latest kernel :2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp
>> My ipvsadm version is : ipvsadm v1.24 2003/06/07 (compiled with popt and
>> IPVS
>> v1.2.0)
>>
>> I tried to see with redhat bugzilla but I am still waiting for an
>> answer. I
>> wanted to know if there is a solution and if it will be scheduled for
>> the
>> next kernel (I think that others users camed across this problem).
>> Thanks you for your answers.
>
> Where did you get your ldirector/ipvsadm from? I have 2 sets of 2 load
> balancers running without any problems at all. They're all
>
> CentOS 4.4
> Kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL
> heartbeat-1.2.3.cvs.20050927-1.centos4
> heartbeat-ldirectord-1.2.3.cvs.20050927-1.centos4
> ipvsadm-1.24-6
>
> Those heartbeat and ipvsadm RPMs are from the CentOS Extras
> repositories and have given us next to no bother at all.
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/extras/i386/RPMS/
>
> Will.
We have the same packages, I'm using
CentOS 4.4
kernel 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp
heartbeat-1.2.3.cvs.20050927
heartbeat-ldirectord-1.2.3.cvs.20050927
ipvsadm 1.24-6
And I took them from extra repository too.

I'm wondering if you are using Direct Routing like me with your set of
loadbalancers. I think the problem come from direct routing because
loadbalancer can't see all the trafic. But the only thing I am sure is
that the counters are reseted after timeout and my connections are not
dropped.