[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 Strange hang on a poweredge 2900.

Sun Dec 24 16:07:22 UTC 2006
Brent <brent at regrafix.com>

Simply put there is less support for  64bit systems. Sometimes this can
cause unexpected weird problems. A person needs to be aware there is less
support and therefore potential conflicts.  This particular problem from
what is described perhaps needs a new card or a driver.

One can't assume the hardware and drivers  will be exactly the same on all
versions of a server made like 2900 (although they usually are the same or
very close, conflicts can arrise). Dell is known to change certain
hardware to supply cost issues.

There is nothing wrong with centos in 64bit and it does indeed make sense
in certain situations to deploy now. When 64bit is deployed you need to be
aware that the main stream is still 32 bit and you may run into unique
problems with that setup.