[CentOS] Merry Christmas ! and a tiny question

Mon Dec 25 10:43:56 UTC 2006
Kari Salovaara <kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi>

Hi all,

I hope You have had nice Christmas Eve.

My question:
I've updated version 4.4, in that version of Gimp is 2.0.5 and the
up-to-date version at Gimp website is 2.2.13 (stable).
There seems to be 2.2.8 for FC3 but that's not the newest and thus I
don't want to get it.

How I should proceed when,
- I want the latest stable version,
- want to get some optional packages
- want to be able to update these progs
- I want to be able to upgrade this machine to new Centos 4.5 and Centos
5 in future

Should I proceed using source code of Gimp and all packages (if they do
not exist in my machine already) ?

This question may sound a little naive but this is my home machine which
I use also much for my works and I'm not willing to re-install it often
(and I'm lazy too).

Best regards,
Kari

--