[CentOS] USB Mem Stick

Tue Dec 26 20:36:41 UTC 2006
Kevan Benson <kbenson at a-1networks.com>

On Monday 25 December 2006 09:16, Robert Spangler wrote:
> On Mon December 25 2006 11:52, Robert Spangler wrote:
> >  Is there any good how-to's for getting a usb memory stick to auto mount
> > when it is connected to the usb port?  Or is this to happen
> > automatically? I got a 2G memory stick for Christmas so that I can
> > transfer files from machine to machine (home/work) but it doesn't look
> > like it mounts automatically like the cdrom does.   Thnx for your input.
>
> Looking at this page it states that it should but I'm not seeing it, now
> I'm wondering what I did/am doing wrong.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/step-guide/s1-d
>isks-usb.html

It usually works for me exactly as stated in the link you sent.  I insert a
USB drive device, it creates the /media/DEVICE_TYPE directory (and the
appropriate fstab entry), and it's up to me or the file manager to actually
run the mount command (mount /media/DEVICE_TYPE) to make it accessible in the
directory.

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks