[CentOS] YUM conflict with RHEL 4_X86_64

Mon Dec 4 20:47:38 UTC 2006
Michael Kress <kress at hal.saar.de>

On 12/1/2006 4:30 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:

>> Uname –a shows:
>>
>> Linux PT3 2.6.9-42.0.0.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Sun Oct 15 15:13:57 PDT 2006
>> x86_64
>> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> This isn't a RHEL kernel. This is the Oracle Unbreakable Linux kernel.
> Congrats, you broke it.

Jim, THANKS, you made my day, I never broke up laughing like this, just
one minute ago (it took me one minute to calm down). :-D

> With what you've done, I'm not sure if removing the packages will
> help, as pulling them out may cause breakage for the same packages of
> the x86_64 arch that are supposed to be there.

Agreed, it's a bad idea to force things between different architectures.
Not fixable to my eyes. I've already seen effects like this ... this
happens when you do an i386 install on an x86_64 system. Johnny,
reinstall if you did so. There's no other way.
cu - Michael

Michael Kress, kress at hal.saar.de
http://www.michael-kress.de / http://kress.net
P E N G U I N S   A R E   C O O L