[CentOS] Re: Centos 4.x and embeded x86 (wrap, pcengines)

Wed Dec 6 13:15:49 UTC 2006
David Hrbác( <hrbac.conf at seznam.cz>

Daniel de Kok napsal(a):
> Maybe VIA nano-ITX or mini-ITX boards are also an interesting
> "platform"? Besides that these boards have more power than Geode
> boards, their Padlock stuff is interesting if you are going to use it
> for anything that involves crypto. E.g. the latest generation of
> Padlock has dedicated logic for AES encryption, hashing, and Montgomery
> multiplication. Though, I don't know if anyone has backported the
> kernel modules, and the OpenSSL patches, to support Padlock to the
> CentOS kernel.

Daniel,
Padlock support is not backported into Centos, nor upstream. Since
2.6.11 kernel it has been accepted into the source tree (only AES), so
we can expect it in RHEL/Centos5?!? For SHA1 and SHA256 every kernel
must be patched.
Interesting reading http://www.logix.cz/michal/doc/article.xp/padlock-en
David