[CentOS] "dd" CentOS fist CD to USB-Pendrive? (for booting)

Mon Dec 11 18:19:24 UTC 2006
Bill-Schoolcraft <bill at wiliweld.com>

Hello Family,

I've just purchased a 1-gig Sandisk "Cruzer" pendrive for I need to have
the full "first" iso image to reside on the drive.

I need to have it boot as would a USB CDROM so I can initiate an NFS
install at the (install) command prompt with:

	linux text askmethod

I received this USB Flash Drive with a fat32 file system on in and was
thinking of just taking my first CD of CentOS and doing:

	dd if=/dev/hdc of=/dev/sda

I was thinking the above syntax from the days of using "dd" for floppy
boot images to 1.44mb floppy disks.

Any ideas on this?

TIA

--
  Bill Schoolcraft <*> http://wiliweld.com

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday,
    lying in hospitals dying of nothing."
                -- Redd Foxx