[CentOS] Re: centos 5 beta 2 status

Tue Dec 19 17:52:53 UTC 2006
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>:

> Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
>>
>>> We are making progress .. but not everything builds the way it should.
>>
>> Hmmm...  I guess it is waaaay too early for CentOS5 centosplus
>> kernel wishlist?
>>
>> Well, can't resist.  Here's my item.  Suspend2 patches
>> http://www.suspend2.net/
>
> Do you know if they work with the present beta2 kernel ?

Well, I saw FC6 kernels patched with suspend2 (for example
http://mhensler.de/swsusp/).  RHEL5beta2 is based on FC6 kernel, so I
guess there's hope.  I've attempted to apply original patch directly
to FC6 kernel sources.  However it seems it needs some cleanup
(apperently parts but not all of suspend2 patches are already included
in FC6, seems to be mostly documentation bits, but no actual code).  I
just wiped my RHEL5beta2 box, but if I install a new one I might try
to merge changes from http://mhensler.de/swsusp/ into it.

Seems that suspend2 project is sponsored by Red Hat.  Who knows, maybe
we'll see it implemented by Red Hat too in near future.