[CentOS] Where to get version 3.5?

Tue Dec 19 23:39:49 UTC 2006
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 03:35:45PM -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> >Yes, I know it is old, but I'm looking for a copy of CentOS 3.5 - CDs
> >or DVD for i386.
> Anybody in favor of calling CentOS 5 "CentOS 5".  No minor versions
> added.  The way Red Hat is doing it.  This 3.x and 4.x thing just
> confuses people.

There was a rumor (here? somewhere.) that RHEL5 will actually have "forked"
versions for the u1, u2, etc. updates, so there actually *will* be something
equivalent to 5.1 and 5.2. (The current way, practically speaking, forces
one to accept a huge bunch of updates all at once several times a year,
because future security updates assume those are in place.) Anyone have any
insight as to whether this is the path upstream will be following?