[CentOS] Where to get version 3.5?

Wed Dec 20 11:24:31 UTC 2006

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Quoting Scott Ehrlich <scott at MIT.EDU>:
>> Yes, I know it is old, but I'm looking for a copy of CentOS 3.5 - CDs
>> or DVD for i386.
>
> Anybody in favor of calling CentOS 5 "CentOS 5".  No minor versions
> added.  The way Red Hat is doing it.  This 3.x and 4.x thing just
> confuses people.

I dont think we'd achieve much with that - Lots of apps and vendors out
there that require a specific version like 3.5 or EL3 update 5, and only
specifically support that one release and update.

Maybe what we need to do is make this info more readily available and
clearer to people. So such confusion - about 3.5 being a different
version from 3.8 - does not come up.

- KB