[CentOS] Selective Sendmail Relaying.

Wed Dec 20 15:38:08 UTC 2006
Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com>

On 20/12/06, Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org> wrote:
> > I've been trying to hit on the right configuration combo to allow
> > relaying from specific users and/or domains to an internal box running
> > Sendmail.
> >
> > FEATURE(`relay_mail_from')dnl
> >
> > in sendmail.mc and restarting Sendmail. Then adding
> > test at testdomain.com to /etc/access as:
> >
> > From:test at testdomain.com        RELAY
> >
> > Should allow relaying FROM this address, yet it doesn't seem to work
> > for me on a CentOS 4.4 system and I can't quite hit on why.

Hi Alex.

> Have you rebuilt access.db? (makemap hash access.db < access)

I have, yes. There's the default Makefile in /etc/mail and I just run
make after changing the plain-text file.

> BTW, if the system in question is accessible from the Internet, what
> you are doing is a bad idea.  You are allowing anybody to send spam
> through your system by simply using specific return address.

It's OK, it's not. This is strictly for relaying for internal customers.

> Better way to do it would be to enable authentication in Sendmail.

I know, unfortunately I have a couple of thousand non-technical users
already setup and I can't disrupt those.

Will.