[CentOS] recommneded tape drives

Fri Dec 22 22:30:11 UTC 2006
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, John R Pierce wrote:

> Linux's built in backup tape support was somewhat funky last time I
> messed with it (I've currently got my tape backups on solaris and
> windows systems). Hopefully this has improved some, but I
> experienced problems with end of tape detection, and multivolume tar
> backups just not working right in linux, when they worked fine in
> Solaris.

We've got a PowerVault autoloader with an LTO-1 drive; it's worked
great with Bacula on Linux (both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel series). I've
certainly not encountered any end-of-tape troubles, and multi-volume
jobs are as smooth as silk^H^H^H^H any other backup operation.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com