[CentOS] Autorespond

Thu Dec 28 20:31:53 UTC 2006
Kevan Benson <kbenson at a-1networks.com>

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 23:07, abhishek singh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I am using sendmail as MTA , so i want to use autoresponder facility , i
> want to autorespond whenever i recived mail for a particular id like
> sam at somedomain.com so by this id sendmail send autorespond mail while i
> want to save recieved mail into user mail box . or anyone plz tell me the
> webmail that provides Autoreponding facility .

The vacation program provides autoresponse functionality, and there's a plugin
to integrate it with squirrelmail, which is available as a base CentOS RPM.

You gan get vacation from the testing repo:
http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/testing/i386/RPMS/vacation-1.2.6-1.centos.i386.rpm

I'm sure the CentOS devs would appreciate a note if there's a problem, and
also if there's not (so they have some indication whether or not to move it
out of dev).

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks