[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 Strange hang on a poweredge 2900.

Thu Dec 28 23:21:35 UTC 2006
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet.com>

Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 10:12 -0800, Peter Serwe wrote:
>
>> Damon L. Chesser wrote:
>>
>>> Peter,
>>>
>>> Do you have Gold support?  Those guys are very good at what they do.  If
>>> you do, I would think that the linux guys at Dell know the answer to
>>> this question.  If you do not, perhaps the basic support guys will know
>>> the answer?
>>>

>> No gold, just the silver 7x24.
>>
>> Peter
>>

> Peter,
>
> Silver sit side by side with the Gold.  Have you asked them?  If anybody
> has seen this, they would know about the solution.  The difference
> between Silver and Gold is not the skill level, it is the service level
> allowed, latitude of movement to solve the issues.

Interestingly, the behavior completely disappeared with the installation of
CentOS 4.4 x86_64.  Somehow it didn't occur to me that using the
distribution
precisely for the hardware would be required, or perhaps that the normal
i386
distribution wouldn't just run on it.

 :)

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>
http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown