[CentOS] disable media check on custom cd [dnk]

lists

Thu Feb 2 05:08:34 UTC 2006

On a previous thread I was working on a custom install disk that would boot directly
into a vnc install - well I have the disk working exactly as I need it EXCEPT for 1
thing... the option to do a media check pops up... however as per my original email -
there will be no keyboard/mouse/monitor attached during install...  so I can not press
the "skip" option. Now to get the VNC install to work, I am using boot options.... I was
reading up on it, and there is a "mediacheck" boot option - however my understanding is
that if added to the boot options it forces a media check to happen. There seems to be
no option to specify "no" to the media check. Does anyone know of a way to disable the
media check?

This way it ensures that the cd boots direct into a vnc install with absolutely zero
keyboard interaction.

Thanks in advance.

Dustin