[CentOS] How to add System V Filesystem to Centos?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Tue Feb 7 01:03:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 17:45 -0700, Mace Eliason wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a project where I have to move some parts files from an
> old Unix server. I have tared the files to floppy disc, but I can't
> mount them.

As an alternative, you could format the diskette using SCO's dosformat
(or dosfmt or something like that.  Review the man page.)

And then copy the tar archive using the doscopy (or doscp or something
like that.  Review the man page.)

I think its going to be something like:

# dosformat a:
# doscp mytarfile.tar a:

Then use linux's mcopy to read the diskette.

It's been a long time since I have used SCO.

-Steve