[CentOS] How to add System V Filesystem to Centos?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Tue Feb 7 01:37:45 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 18:29 -0700, Mace Eliason wrote:
> But will cpio split the file it is to large to fit on a floppy?  What
> about the files I have on the disc right now.  I was using dos formated
> floppies and then ran tar to do the copy.  Is it possible that I can
> read them using some of the suggested way?

What exact commands did you use to get it onto the floppy?

Unless you compressed the file first, I'd say its unlikely that its all
there.  SCO tar has no built in compression and you obviously can't fit
a 6mb file on a 1.44Mb diskette.

You can try 'tar tvf /dev/floppy' on the Centos box to see what's on the
floppy.

-Steve