[CentOS] Re: Install from USB Pendrive

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Tue Feb 7 01:46:52 UTC 2006

Chris Hammond wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  I've managed to do that.  I would like to completely emulate the CD from the pen drive.  I am still trying to figure out how it is done by the CD.  I look at the CD and I don't see the boot files and such.  Not sure what I am missing. :|
>
> Thanks
> Chris

A friend of mine has managed to create a bootable "dvd" of CentOS 4.2
with one of those USB 5gig micro-drives.  I'll see if I can corral him
tomorrow (he's in Tokyo at the moment) and find out what he had to do to
make things work.  If you  manage to figure things out before then, do
post the recipe.  I've got a number of idle 1gig and 2gig SD flash cards
that would probably be better utilized as "rescue disks."

Cheers,