[CentOS] Re: Heartbeat and mount --bind for NFS v4.

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:41:08 UTC 2006

> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 14:08 +0000, Will McDonald wrote:
> >
> > Just found the answer to my own question...
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-October/msg00957.html
> >
> > "mount --bind" is the same as "mount -o bind"
> >
> > So I can just have bind as an option in haresources for that particular mount.
>
> I was just writing that :)

Heh. Thanks.

> > I'd still be interested in hearing other's opinions on NFS v4 in
> > production environments.
> >

> I have read about, but haven't had any major NFS v4 issues.  I don't do
> a lot of NFS though ... in fact, the only time I use NFS is if I am
> rebuilding a huge number of RPMS and using our round robin build script
> so I can get more than 1 server involved in the building.

We'll be replacing the existing FC boxes with these new CentOS boxes
(to take advantage of the less frenetic release cycle) to act as
central NFS mailstores for Qmail/VPOPMail maildirs. I'll be sure to
give them a week or two's hammering before switching.

> I did package and build all the DRBD / Heartbeat tools for CentOS and I
> have been using these tools in production with zero problems since about
> 3 months before they were released as extras.

Much appreciated it is too. I was trying to avoid veering from base
upstream packages... until I saw those. And Postgres 8 in the dev
repo. And all the useful Dag things. :)

Prompted by Dag's recent robbery, I've actually been trying to hit up
management for a modest OSS development fund, even if it's only a few
hundred quid a year, to donate to the projects we benefit from. We'll
see how that pans out. :)

Will.