[CentOS] Adding HP7310 networked printing support

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Fri Feb 10 03:44:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 21:40 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> HPLIP uses HPIJS for generating printer-ready-data for non-postscript
> print jobs. HPIJS has been available since 2001 as a uni-di solution.
> HPIJS has been modified to support HPLIP, but HPIJS is still backward
> compatible with existing spoolers.
>
> And I just tried yum install hplip and came up empty.
>
> Given what the the URL tells about this utility, I would think it
> should be part of the Centos base!

I rebuilt
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/SRPMS/hplip-0.9.7-4.2.src.rpm
from Fedora Core 4. Works-for-me from a local yum repo for an HP
OfficeJet.  Unless the upstream provider adds it, it won't be in the
base anytime soon, but could be a CentOSplus candidate.

Phil