[CentOS] mirrorlist.centos.org port 81? (Yumconf changes)

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Thu Feb 16 18:53:50 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Jim Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a quick note to see if anyone else noted the changes in yum in
> the updates. I've disabled thhe new format until i can verify if it
> works? As i rebuilt yumex from Scientific Linux (RHEL SRPM rebuild)
> and i have not enabled centosplus i don't wanna mess my system.

I think you'll find that we wouldnt have released it unless it had been
tested ...

> I don't believe you can browse the new mirrors.

Why not - they are the same old mirrors - all that happens is that yum
gets a lost of local up to date mirrors for the release/repo/arch from the
mirrorlist server on port 81 - chosen solely so that we can run it on the same server
as normal apache on port 80.

If you have fastestmirror plugin enabld yum will then test the mirrors and
use the fastest local connection.

The version of yumex that we have at dev.centos.org alsouses the same
mirrorlist system.

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.