[CentOS] Windows codec

lnthai2002 at aim.com lnthai2002 at aim.com
Thu Feb 16 22:07:25 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Petr QAXI Klíma <qaxi at seznam.cz>
Sent: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:03:13 +0100
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Windows codec

  Fajar Priyanto napsal(a):
 > Hi all,
  > Is it possible to run video in windows codec with Centos4.2? Such as
AVI > video. Where can I get it?
 > Thanks.
 > Hi

 I am using mplayer from Dag's repository
 http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/

 and I have no problems ;-)

 $ rpm -qa | grep mplayer
 mplayer-1.0-0.20.pre7.2.el4.rf
 mplayer-fonts-1.1-3.0.rf
 mplayerplug-in-3.17-1.2.el4.rf
 mplayer-docs-1.0-0.20.pre7.2.el4.rf

 --
 Petr Klíma

  In fact, the codec mplayer uses (libavcodec family) can not play avi
video captured by digital cameras . I did try movies captured from
canon digital camera and mplayer doesnt display. Maybe the native
windows codecs would work. BTW, i saw the windows codec from mplayer.hu
but i dont know what it is.
Thai