[CentOS] OT: Local Mirror problems, wrong paths to RPMs with yum update

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Feb 17 19:24:19 UTC 2006

> That's interesting because I think that is they way I have it. The
> headers and repodata are at the same level as packages all of which are
> in the updates directory.
>
> Here's the relevant section of the repo file.
>
> [updates]
> name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - updates
> baseurl=http://mirror.myserver.com/repomirror/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/updates
>
> I'll try and run createrepo again and see if it makes any difference.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Unfortunately this still has not worked. I tried the following commands:

$ pwd
/media/160GBUSBDSK/YumRepo/fedora/linux/3/i386/updates
$
$ ls -l
total 64
drwxrwxr-x  2 jpifer jpifer 32768 Feb 16 20:10 headers
drwxrwxr-x  3 jpifer jpifer 28672 Feb 17 13:53 packages
drwxrwxr-x  2 jpifer jpifer  4096 Feb 16 20:25 repodata
$
$createrepo packages
$
$createrepo /media/160GBUSBDSK/YumRepo/fedora/linux/3/i386/updates/packages

After each of these I tried running "yum update" as root. Both times I
still get this:
# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
core                      100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
freshrpms                 100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
livna                     100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
updates                   100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
extras                    100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package pyzor.noarch 0:0.4.0-8 set to be updated
---> Downloading header for gpdf to pack into transaction set.
http://mirror.myserver.com/repomirror/fedora/linux/3/i386/updates/gpdf-2.8.2-7.2.i386.rpm: [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:22:34 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.53 (Fedora)
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: gpdf-2.8.2-7.2.i386.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.

As you can see, it's still looking in updates not updates/packages for
the RPMs. I'm stumped....

Thanks,
James