Returning to - Re: [CentOS] Installing Java 1.4.2

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:01:58 UTC 2006

On 20/02/06, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> So I install the j2sdk-1_4_2_09-linux-i586-rpm.bin  from
> https://jsecom16b.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=3221109388A8563CC12A56FD8969DDEC
>
> Then I add jpackage repro after the centos repro and do a yum update.

Did you see my previous post to this thread?

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-February/019891.html

That contains a pretty much step-by-step guide I wrote for some
friends who are technically capable but not particularly experienced
administrators. i.e. they could've installed all the Java bits they
required from source but would never have maintainted it.

I ran through all the steps required to get the Java 1.4.2 SDK
installed in a manageable, packaged format for them and that mail
documents the process in a way that should be of help to you.

If you follow those steps, changing "yumserv1" to the fully qualified
name of a Jpackage mirror for the baseurl sections, you should end up
with a packaged RPM install.

Will.