[CentOS] ncurses programs look messaed up

Robin Mordasiewicz robin at mordasiewicz.com
Tue Feb 21 21:31:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:

> When using things like links, centericq, or ntsysv on my fedora core 2 box
> the fonts in ncurses based programs look fine, but on my centos4.2 box all
> the pipes and dashes end up looking like
>
> ââââââââââââââââââ
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this problem ?

this is what ntsysv ends up looking like

  âââââââââââââââââââ⤠Services âââââââââââââââââââââ
  â                                                 â
  â What services should be automatically started?  â
  â                                                 â
  â             [ ] NetworkManager   #              â
  â             [*] acpid            â              â
  â             [*] anacron          â              â
  â             [*] apmd             â              â
  â             [*] asterisk         â              â
  â             [*] atd              â              â
  â             [ ] auditd           â              â
  â             [*] autofs           â              â
  â                                                 â
  â         ââââââ               ââââââââââ         â
  â         â Ok â               â Cancel â         â
  â         ââââââ               ââââââââââ         â
  â                                                 â
  â                                                 â
  âââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââââ