[CentOS] Server Assistant from Dell?

Geert Batsleer

batsleer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 21:32:21 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm planning to install centos 4.2 x86_64 on a Poweredge 2800.

This system comes with a  EFI utility partition and has software called
Server Assistant wich helps you to install your OS so that things like RAID
and such can get monitored in an 'indepent' way afterwards through this EFI
partition.

When booting into the Server Assistant (the software is on a linux liveCD
btw) I get the choice between a couple of supported OS's like  MS server
2003, Novell or RHEL 3 or 4.

So thinking that centos 4 is  rhel 4 "without the artwork" I choose for the
RHEL4 option and inject CD 1 from centos 4.2 ... but unfortunately I get the
error wich asks me to insert the correct CD.

Did anyone found a solution for this? I can always delete this EFI partition
and install  it the normal way but this feature looks nice to play with :-)

kind regards,

ivago