[CentOS] Video card suggestions

Tue Feb 7 20:20:24 UTC 2006
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

I am looking for a video card (preferably nvidia) that will do
1920x1080p (that is p not i).

I need 1920x1080p, AGP 8x, DVI

-----------------------
history is below:

I prefered nvidia as they have a decent method of driver updates.

I presently have the FX5200. It actually works at 1920x1080p but the nv
driver locks up.
I downloaded the nvidia drivers and they will not run at 1920x1080p.
I then purchased another card the MX4000 the specs said it would do more
than 1920x1080
but the FINE print said in DVI mode it only does 1600x1200.

All the cards I find say 1920x1080i.

I tried a P650 also from Matrox but I could not get the drivers to work
at all on linux.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Jerry