FW: [CentOS] Unable to update

Sat Feb 11 00:14:19 UTC 2006
Wright, Paul <pwright at northwestfire.org>

Thanks for the quick response!

Here is my yum.repos.d ->

[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

#released updates
[update]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

#packages used/produced in the build but not released
[addons]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Addons
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/addons/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

#additional packages that may be useful
[extras]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Extras
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

#additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
[centosplus]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Plus
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/centosplus/$basearch
/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

#contrib - packages by Centos Users
[contrib]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Contrib
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/contrib/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

#packages in testing
[testing]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Testing
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/testing/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

And here is the yum.conf ->

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=centos-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

I ran 'yum clean all' and it reported 4 metadata files removed but
afterwards I again ran 'yum update' with the same result.

I appreciate any insight you can share.

Paul

Paul M. Wright, Jr.
Senior Systems Engineer