[CentOS] SCSI RAID monitoring

Sat Feb 11 13:40:56 UTC 2006
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

I'm looking to buy some new high-reliability servers (mail server, cluster
head node).  I'll be doing a hardware RAID1 mirror w/ a hot spare, and
I'm trying to decide between SCSI and SATA (albeit SATA w/ WD Raptor
drives, so the price difference isn't as big as it would seem at first).

I'm very familiar with 3ware's monitoring tools for their SATA RAID cards,
and they work very well.  What monitoring tools are out there for SCSI
RAID cards?  For that matter, what are the preferred SCSI RAID cards
supported by centos 3 and/or 4?  LSI MegaRAID is the one I'm leaning
towards, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain