[CentOS] Http proxy set in yum.conf is not working for the new yum mirrorlist system

Fri Feb 17 12:37:04 UTC 2006
Radu Radutiu <rradutiu at gmail.com>

Hi,

It seems that the new update system does not consider the proxy option
set yum.conf. After installing  centos-yumconf-4-4.4.noarch.rpm together
with the new yum packages, I was no longer able to use yum. In my case
HTTP access is allowed only through a proxy. The proxy URL is configured
in yum.conf.
If I set the environment variable http_proxy from the shell I start yum,
everything works.
If I comment out the mirrorlist lines in CentOS-Base.repo yum is working
fine without setting http_proxy environment variable (using the proxy
defined in yum.conf).
Anyone else seeing this or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Radu