[CentOS] to <cr> or not

Tue Feb 28 20:50:32 UTC 2006

I have had some success (read no noticed problems), moving some text
conf files from a Win <cr,lf> format to Linux and have them
work.  For example my zone files, moving them from my Win DNS server.

But what about other files?  I guess I want to know this more to
prevent a mistake from crashing things, as I do have GEDIT.

If I were to build an anaconda-ks.cfg in notepad, write it to a
floppy then did a linux ks=floppy, would it work?

I have search the archives and google, but either I am missing the
right search words, or something.