[CentOS] rsh/rlogin on CentOS4.2

Thu Feb 2 16:00:29 UTC 2006
Scott Taylor <scott at dctchambers.com>

Hello all,

I'm not quite sure what has changed in the recent rsh commands, but I
can't seem to get around the password promting.  I need a clnk rsh between
two machines in order to run my backup script.

I added all the usual .rhosts with the proper permissions et al added the
xinetd.d confilg files, opened ports 543 and 544 in my firewall, yet when
I use the rsh commands, I get either a password prompt or some Kerberos
stuff that I don't use.

ie:
rexec intrbase ls
password:

and
connect to address 192.168.99.211: Connection refused
Trying krb4 rlogin...
connect to address 192.168.99.211: Connection refused
trying normal rlogin (/usr/bin/rlogin)
Last login: Thu Feb  2 07:47:37 from spare

As you can see this is for an internal network, so I'm not freaked out
about security here.

I can't seem to find anything in the help files about it.  How can I
configure rsh to use the old, normal way of auth?

I'm using the latest CentOS4.2

Cheers.

--
Scott