[CentOS] Video card

Thu Feb 2 21:06:51 UTC 2006
Steve Bergman <steve at rueb.com>

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 16:42 -0500, Roger D Vargas wrote:
> ATI Radeon 9200 is the most advanced card supported by DRI drivers
> included in CentOS. To support r300 based cards you must recompile Xorg cvs.

Wow.  Still?  Actually I just figured out that "man radeon" gets me that
information.

FWIW, the highest performing Radeon supported is actually the 9100.  The
9200 is supported, but the 9100 (which is really a renumbered 8500 with
a tweak or two) actually outperforms the 9200.

Well... in a way, I suppose this is fortuitous, since I just happen to
have a Radeon 9100 sitting in a drawer right next to me. :-)

-Steve