[CentOS] automatic transfer files between Windows PC & Centos server

Fri Feb 3 04:31:41 UTC 2006
Paul <subsolar at subsolar.com>

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 11:04 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 10:47, JC wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have this problem and need your help.  I have some files locate on
> > windows pc that I need to upload to centos server everyday automatically
> > and without provide password.  Is there an easy way for this?  I would
> > like to use some kind of batch file because I can use schedule in WinXP to
> > performance this job everyday.
>
> If it is over a local network, you can set up a samba share on
> the server and map it as a drive from XP, or the reverse - share
> a folder from XP and mount into Centos or access with smbclient.
>
> Over the internet, I'd install cygwin ssh and set up keys
> for passwordless access, then schedule scp commands.

Personally I would use the PUTTY tools for that ... hate having to
install cygwin.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

I've used PSCP for doing this when I don't want to or can't use FTP
access.

Paul