[CentOS] Unable to mount SMB drive

Sat Feb 4 05:48:45 UTC 2006
Benjamin Smith <lists at benjamindsmith.com>

The firewall on the mounting host is pretty much the CentOS default, which
includes the "Established,related" clause in /etc/sysconfig/iptables.

To be sure, I opened up 137-139 & 445, still got the same results, so I turned
off the firewall altogether. Same results.

This is driving me NUTS! I've got smb mounts of Windows 2000, Windows XP,
Win98, and other Samba shares working elsewhere. What's the difference
between smbclient and smbmount from the perspective of permissions?

-Ben