[CentOS] FreeNX problem

Mon Feb 6 20:03:47 UTC 2006
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at rogers.com>

Hello All,

I have FreeNX deployed on a CentOS 4 server at a client site.  When I
log into my Gnome desktop on the client's server and start an app, the
window borders aren't visible.  The applications themselves act
strangely too - when I try to click on a menu item, either nothing
happens or the app loses focus.  Overall, the window manager looks to be
acting up.

At first I thought something was wrong with my Gnome profile, so I moved
the .gnome* and .gconf* directories out of the way and logged in again.
This didn't fix the problem.  So, I then backed up my home folder,
deleted my account, recreated it, setup the nx keys, and logged in again
- same problem.

The next course of action was to remove and reinstall the NX client on
my laptop.  I did this, but the problem remains.

Logging into my account on the local network (i.e. at the client site)
does not exhibit the same problem.  None of my client's employees have
reported issues, so it's completely isolated to my account.

Everything seems to point to FreeNX/NX as the culprit. There must be
some temporary file sitting around that's causing the window manager
problems, but I can't find it.

Anyone have any idea where I should look next?  I'm out of ideas at the
moment.

Regards,

Ranbir

--