[CentOS] How to add System V Filesystem to Centos?

Tue Feb 7 00:45:40 UTC 2006
Mace Eliason <meliason at shaw.ca>

Hi,

I am working on a project where I have to move some parts files from an
old Unix server. I have tared the files to floppy disc, but I can't
mount them.

After doing some reasearch I have found that the SCO Unix ver 3.2 uses a
System V filesystem I think. From the article that I have read I need to
add this filesystem to my kernel to be able to mount and read the floppy
discs.

Can anyone help me with this I have never recomipled my kernel before.

Then I should be able to use

# mount -t sysv /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

I have found in the .config file under misc filesystems that I can turn
on sysv filesytem. I am not sure what to do after that.  Is it better to
make it a module or to compileit into the kernel?

kernel
CONFIG_SYSV_FS=y

as a modual
CONFIG_SYSV_FS=m
If I go the modual way where do I find the modual?  I would use modprobe
to install it right?

What commands do you run to recompile the kernel?  Do I run
make menuconfig?

I have been reading alot but not finding what I need.  I have a fresh
install off Centos 4.2 just for this purpose so if I mess it up that s
okay I will start again.

I am sure this is so simple once you have done it once.

Thanks

Scandog