[CentOS] How to add System V Filesystem to Centos?

Tue Feb 7 01:04:48 UTC 2006
Raymond Lillard <rlillard at sonic.net>

Mace Eliason wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a project where I have to move some parts files from an
> old Unix server. I have tared the files to floppy disc, but I can't
> mount them.

forget the filesystem.  Use the dd command.  all block
devices can also be accessed as char devices in Unix.

I'm assuming your files are small enough to fit on
a single floppy?

Write to floppy:

	tar czvf -  <path> | dd of=/dev/rfd0xx

Read from floppy:

	cd <path>
	dd if=/dev/rfd0xx | tar xzvf -

Note: You will need to determine the correct device
       names.  I have written this off the top of my head,
       and I haven't used a floppy in quite a while.

Ray