[CentOS] Postgresql 8.1.x on CentOS 3.6

Thu Feb 16 17:03:53 UTC 2006
Nels Lindquist <nlindq at maei.ca>

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are any Postgresql 8.1.3 RPMs for CentOS 3.6?
>
> I've looked at the Postgresql website but I couldn't find anything
> under RHEL3/CentOS3. I've tried installing the RHEL4 RPMs which seem
> to work. Unfortunately, I'm getting errors whenever I try to compile
> PHP5 from source.

The PostgreSQL folks did provide binary RHEL3 RPMs for 8.1.2, so they
may just not have had time to produce 8.1.3 binaries yet.

If there are mitigating circumstances which make the security fix in
8.1.3 irrelevant to you, you could always roll out 8.1.2 in the
meantime--there wouldn't be any dump/restore required to upgrade to
8.1.3 later.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>