[CentOS] Http proxy set in yum.conf is not working for the new yum mirrorlist system

Fri Feb 17 14:16:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 13:39 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Radu Radutiu wrote:
> > I am using 4-4.5. The proxy only allows port 80 and it works if I set
> > the http_proxy environment variable but not the yum.conf proxy
> > configuration.
>
> can you post the output from :
> rpm -q yum centos-yumconf
> rpm -Vv centos-yumconf
>
> and also post your main yum.conf file here.
>
> - K

OK ... I think that we have now confirmed that the default yum behavior
is not to enable the proxy information in it's config file until after
it has already obtained the mirror information.

This is a yum design issue and when it enables the proxy information.

We are going to look to see if it is possible to make the mirrorlist
selection happen through the proxy info provided by yum.conf ... in the
meantime, please leave the proxy information in your ENV ... or pass it
in when you issue the yum command.

Thanks for you feedback in helping to make CentOS better.