[CentOS] CentOS 4.3 for ppc32

Wed Feb 22 13:40:20 UTC 2006
Barry Brimer <barry.brimer at bigfoot.com>

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Barry Brimer wrote:
>> A while back, there was mention that the release of CentOS 4.3 would
>> bring a ppc32 version.  Is this still in the works?  If so, is it
>> scheduled to be released at the same time as the more popular releases,
>> or at a later time?
>
> yes, its in the works - but since the ppc machines we have access to are much
> slower - the release might lag by a few days. Wont be more than a week behind
> the main i386/x86_64/ia64 ( alpha ? / sparc ? ) releases.
>
> - K

Outstanding.  I'm glad to hear that the ppc32 version will be available.
I plan to upgrade my parents original iMac from Mac OS 8.6 to CentOS 4.3
when it becomes available.  Is it also reasonable to think that after the
4.3 release that the ppc32 version will receive updates via yum for the
remainder of the CentOS/RHEL lifecycle?  Keep up the great work!!

Barry