[CentOS] When openldap fails to start, can not login as root

Sat Feb 25 15:53:00 UTC 2006
Oliver Schulze L. <oliver at samera.com.py>

Hi Josh and Barry,
running system-config-authentication solved the problem.

The lines in system-auth looks like this:
account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so broken_shadow
account     sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_succeed_if.so uid < 100
quiet
account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore]
/lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so
account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_permit.so

I have CentOS 4.2 and is working now as expected

Many thanks
Oliver