[CentOS] p5v800-MX

Tue Feb 28 17:49:10 UTC 2006
Michael Best <mbest at pendragon.org>

Cameron Showalter wrote:
> Mark Quitoriano wrote:
>
>>Hi Guys,
>>
>>Im trying to install CentOS 4.2 server CD, my board is p5v800-MX and for
>>some weird reason it can't detect my built-in ethernet port. Can this be
>>resolved with newer kernel version.
>>
>>--
>>Regards,
>>Mark Quitoriano, CCNA
>

> Does centos install at all, but upon boot up not find the network card
> at all?
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2915&forum=29
>
> try knoppix or another cd based distros to see if the network card is
> detected.

Even as recently as the 2.6.14 kernel it appears to have limited
support, and this user claims that only using the 2.6.15 did he get
networking support.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-January/msg04097.html

For a board this new Fedora Core is one of the few options that will
likely work with it.  And I'm generally very unhappy with having to
upgrade Fedora Core so often.

-Mike