[CentOS] automatic transfer files between Windows PC & Centos server

Fri Feb 3 14:27:36 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 04:33, Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:
> JC wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have this problem and need your help.  I have some files locate on
> > windows pc that I need to upload to centos server everyday
> > automatically and without provide password.  Is there an easy way for
> > this?  I would like to use some kind of batch file because I can use
> > schedule in WinXP to performance this job everyday.
>
> Run cygwin-rsyncd on each windows computer, assign a username and
> password and share in the config, and you can rsync the files every
> night. This is how I backup the work folders on our windows machines.
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=34854&package_id=88133&release_id=240281

If it is really just for backups, look at backuppc:
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/.
It can use file shares or rsyncd as the transport for windows
targets and keeps a history of compressed versions copies on
line with web browser access.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com