[CentOS] Unable to mount SMB drive

Sat Feb 4 01:13:46 UTC 2006
Benjamin Smith <lists at benjamindsmith.com>

Trying to keep this alive - I'm up against a wall here!

I can use smbclient and not only see files, but actually download them (with
get) but I can't mount said Windows share locally to a drive - I universally
get a "permission denied" error.

1) I've tried mounting via a line in fstab.

2) I've tried smbmount with every option I could find.

3) I've tried using mount with every option I could find.

How could it work in smbclient with the same credentials, but not as an smb
mount? Is there something about how the Linux localhost is being announced,
perhaps?

-Ben