[CentOS] How to add System V Filesystem to Centos?

Tue Feb 7 01:23:14 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com>

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 19:03 -0600, Steve Bergman wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 17:45 -0700, Mace Eliason wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am working on a project where I have to move some parts files from an
> > old Unix server. I have tared the files to floppy disc, but I can't
> > mount them.
>
> As an alternative, you could format the diskette using SCO's dosformat
> (or dosfmt or something like that.  Review the man page.)

No need. Use it in raw mode. Can get more on it, no file sustem
requirements in the sending or receiveing system. Using someting like
cpio...

    find . | cpio -aov >/dev/fd0  # of fd0H1440 or ...

cpi also had some key letters added such as -O so that I/O redirection
is not necessary. Find can use all the usual parameters to do selection.

To get more on the floppy

    find . | cpio -oav | compress >/dev/fd0  # of fd0H1440 or ...

> And then copy the tar archive using the doscopy (or doscp or something
> like that.  Review the man page.)

That part remains essentially the same, but use tar or cpio from the raw
file again:

    cpio -iduma -I /dev/fd0   # or ... and or </dewv/fd0 ...

If you compressed it

    uncompress </dev/fd0 | cpio -idumav  # v=make noise as usual

> I think its going to be something like:
>
> # dosformat a:
> # doscp mytarfile.tar a:
>
> Then use linux's mcopy to read the diskette.
>
> It's been a long time since I have used SCO.

They say your memory is the second thing to go.

Your suggested way also will work.