[CentOS] How to add System V Filesystem to Centos?

Tue Feb 7 02:02:11 UTC 2006
Steve Bergman <steve at rueb.com>

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 18:55 -0700, Mace Eliason wrote:

> The above command won't work because I can't mount the floppy drive.  I
> just get you must specify the filesystem type.

No, there is no filesystem involved.  This is raw io from the floppy.
Think of the floppy drive itself as a 1.44MB file called /dev/floppy.

There *was* a dos filesystem on the diskettes.  There is not one
anymore.

There is one tar archive spread across 7 pieces of raw media which just
contain a stream of 1.44 million bytes each.

-Steve