[CentOS] Adding HP7310 networked printing support

Fri Feb 10 01:58:22 UTC 2006
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 17:41 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I have an HP7310 network attached.  Looks like it uses port 9100
>
> I want to print to it.  And from my Asterisk at home server.
>
> I see that I do not have the "Printing Support" group installed.  I
> guess this would be the first set.
>
> Then I see http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/hplip_readme.html
>
> Is this driver included in the Centos repos?
>
> There are a number of caveats.
>
> Of course, for me, the biggest is need to do a make.  I bet the AAH
> build doesn't have what that will take!
----
if A at H is CentOS and uses CentOS repositories...

then

yum install gcc gcc-c++ autoconf

should get the dependencies and install anything you would need to
'make' stuff

I don't know about hplip but you could 'yum install hpijs' which might
have what you need.

Craig